i am very pleased to share that Vol 5 No 2 of the Journal of Virtual Worlds Research - which is a special issue on the theme of 'Asian Perspectives' - has just been published.
this issue has been co-edited with my friends and fellow educators - Cho Young Hoan and Michael Vallance.
for your convenience, the issue is available as a 10 MB PDF, and as a Calameo document below.
i've also made available an ePub version; this has none of the tables nor figures, in the interest of file-size (it's a tidy 619k download).
it's a great way to have handy access on your iPad to the diverse range of solid educational research in the field - and if you need the original papers you can always download them from the links below:
happy reading :-)
- Managing Editor's corner
- Issue Editors' corner
- Herold, Escaping the World: a Chinese perspective on virtual worlds
- Li, the Demographic Distribution and Social Experience of Chinese MMO players
- Nishimura, Lim, Koyamada, The Abyss Observatory - Designing for Remote Collaboration, Self-directed Discovery and Intuition Development in Multi-user Interactive 3D Virtual Environments
- Vallance, Martin, Assessment and Learning in the Virtual World: Tasks, Taxonomies and Teaching for Real
- Li, Choo, Khoo, Liau, Effects of Digital Game Play Among Young Singaporean Gamers: A Two-Wave Longitudinal Study
- Wigert, de Vreede, Boughzala, Bououd, Collaboration in Virtual Worlds: The Role of the Facilitator