the one-hundred-and-forty-sixth episode of ventriloquy introduces the Starling Project.
The Starling Project refers to my proposed research into an education initiative in Second Life and other virtual worlds, that will keep me busy till 2011.
i am applying for funding for the Starling Project, under the third round of Singapore's National Research Foundation's Research & Development Programme on Interactive and Digital Media in Education.
please do join me in this 3.3 MB download, as i share how i came to decide on the name for the project.
- Carl Zimmer's 2 May 2006 article (Starlings' listening skills may shed light on language evolution) The New York Times
Other projects named Starling:
- The Starling Project Foundation, Inc. (classical music education)
- Teach the starlings (biogeography education)
- Project Starling (social science research)
- The Starling database program